Wednesday, October 23, 2013

From Miles Davis to Jay-Z to Frank


Music plays an important role in our lives, the lyrics we listen to motivate and captivate us as we sing along.  The music I listen to is not impressive and though my memory is sharp.  I mumble lyrics, can't carry a tune or bust a move on the dance floor either.  Awful rhythm isn't attractive or cute and mine is the worst I've encountered.  It doesn't stop me from trying or laughing it off with swagger.     

Getting ready for a date makes music even more important, the shau shau is ran to the tune of The Smiths or old school hip hop.  I've heard these songs a trillion times and my memory wanders deep into thought, so deep one might forget conditioner or to shave those pesky neck hairs.  Damn it.    

After we are squeaky clean, now is the time we all fear and love the most at the same time.  Pick the outfit, fight with our hair, brush after brush until we are perfect.  We admire our beauty and talk to ourself while muttering our chosen beat.  Sometimes, I play the same song on repeat and think to myself about the night ahead.  Running around our tiny and overpriced apartments here in never grow up land, we search for shoes and the only clean pair of socks that we know are hidden deep in this fucking drawer. 

Once we are dressed for the pounce and kill its time to turn off iTunes and head out.  The music we decided upon has structured our mood for the evening ahead.  Whether it's classics of yesteryear or the newest Justin Timberlake.  The time has come to smile and hail a cab.  I've never felt better....

Cheers,

AT

No comments:

Post a Comment